Monday, January 22, 2018

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #601—Almost

Thanks for chasing down my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #601 for January 22, 2018. The drawing is by Amy Hwang.
"What does that mean, convergent evolution?"




These weren't any good either:
"What was the name of that Texas ranger?"
"Who are you calling spineless."
"Is that what you call Snowflake?"
"It's got me on pins and needles."
"You mean this is the Saguaro Run?"
"Stop saying 'not a snowball's chance in hell.'" 


January 29, 2018 Update:  The Finalists
The contest ended early last week and my entry was counted in next week's gingerbread man contest, so my caption's even worse than I imagined. Here are the finalists:




February 5, 2018 Update:  I voted for the first caption.


February 19, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note: Last week, Drew Panckeri showed us man's best friend in space. My caption lacked gravity. If you like nice round numbers, you'll love Contest #600.


Amy Hwang has managed to avoid mention on Attempted Bloggery before today. Her run of good luck is over.


02437

No comments:

Post a Comment