Monday, May 1, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #567

Curl up under the covers with my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #567 for May 1, 2017. The drawing is by Jeremy Nguyen.

"The last thing I remember is taking an Ambien."


Throwaways:
"Aren't you ready for an all-nighter?"
"I got here as fast as I could."

"The secret to success is power napping."
"I've gone undercover."


May 8, 2017 Update:  The Finalists



May 15, 2017 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


May 22, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week, cartoonist Mick Stevens had Captain Ahab abandon his hunt for the white whale. My caption didn't have any legs. Direct your harpoon toward Contest #566.

Jeremy Nguyen is new to Attempted Bloggery today. With any luck, this appearance won't turn out to be the high point of his career.

Who could respect a blog that doesn't have a little something to say on the subject of International Workers' Day?

02174

No comments:

Post a Comment